Saturday, July 20, 2013

Refreshing Day

Today is my husband's birthday. It is also my father's birthday. This makes both birthdays easy to remember. I think Rodney has had a good day. Riley and I have worked at making it a nice restful one for him. I even made Rodney a blueberry pie. He likes this pie but doesn't get it very often. We are now sitting here watching Rodney's favorite baseball team, The Twins out of Minnesota. Tonight we found out that it is also Tony Oliva's birthday. Tony is a former Twin's player whom Rodney really respects. His face really lit up when he realized this. 

I think that Rodney has felt very special today. We certainly want him to know how special he is to us. We know how hard he works for God and for us~And we know how much he needed this refreshing, restful day.


That is how God feels about us everyday. He wants us to know how special we are to Him and He wants to give us the rest we need from the crazy life we live. I love how Psalms puts this......

Psalm 116:6-7

Contemporary English Version (CEV)
6 You protect ordinary people,
and when I was helpless,
you saved me
7 and treated me so kindly
that I don’t need
to worry anymore.


Doesn't it make you feel refreshed just reading this?  
I know it does me. We don't have to be anyone but the ordinary people we are and still God comes to us and protects us and takes our worries away. He thinks we are that special!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment