Monday, July 15, 2013

Poor Puppies

Today has been a catch up day with my treasurer work for the Thrift shop. I have been on vacation and then on our youth mission trip, so a lot of stuff needed my attention. My poor puppies missed me tons while I was gone and wanted my attention too. But I had to work at the computer no matter what.

They kept fussing at me to play and take them for a walk and give them treats. They got my attention but not the way they wanted it. I finally got frustrated and got stern with them, to leave me alone. Poor doggies. Don't they look sad and mistreated?

Aren't we lucky that God doesn't get frustrated with us and yell at us to leave Him alone? You know that He is always busy keeping the universe going, controlling the tides, growing our crops, feeding the birds, raising and setting the sun. His work never stops. But our creator loves us so much that no matter how busy He is He hears and answers our prayers, gives us strength in our weakness, and makes sure we are taken care of throughout all of our everyday life. The scriptures are full of reminders of this.....

Luke 12:28

The Voice (VOICE)
28 Look at the grass growing over there. One day it’s thriving in the fields. The next day it’s being used as fuel. If God takes such good care of such transient things, how much more you can depend on God to care for you, weak in faith as you are.

Deuteronomy 11:11-12

The Voice (VOICE)
11 But in the land where you’re going to live, the hills and valleys drink water right out of the sky! 12 He takes care of this land; He’s always looking after it, all throughout the year.

1 John 5:14

The Message (MSG)

13-15 My purpose in writing is simply this: that you who believe in God’s Son will know beyond the shadow of a doubt that you have eternal life, the reality and not the illusion. And how bold and free we then become in his presence, freely asking according to his will, sure that he’s listening. And if we’re confident that he’s listening, we know that what we’ve asked for is as good as ours.


Aren't we lucky and blessed to know that God feels this way about us. We never have to beg and fuss at Him to get His attention. Hey, He even gave the ultimate gift for us. Death on the cross. How much more can he love us than that?

Well my dogs finally got to go on a walk after my work was all caught up. Which was just before dinner. Much later than they would have liked to go. I'm so glad you and I don't have to wait on God, the way they had to wait on me.

POOR PUPPIES!

Be sure to think of God and his love as you watch the sun set tonight and remember He won't be too busy to love on you, as He helps it rise in the morning.

Blessings!




No comments:

Post a Comment