Monday, February 25, 2013

The Sunbeam


 
 
James 1:17
The Message (MSG)
17-  Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light. 
 
    Because of my diagnoses with Lupus the sun is now my enemy. Well not just the sun but lights of many kinds can make me sick.  To counter act their desctructive power over my body I wear long sleeves and sun screen and try to stay inside during the middle part of the day. 
     
    When I was younger I was a sun worshipper. I loved to be outside whenever I could. I loved the feel of the heat on my back and loved the glow of my skin when I turned tan. Now I am white as can be and if I feel the heat on my back I start to panic. Kind of makes me sad but I know I feel better if I watch my exposure.

    I have to tell you about one of the miracles of our trip to Israel. I prepared for this trip by making sure I packed long sleeve everything, even had a couple of shirts that had the UVA and UVB protection built right in the material. I packed a hat and tons of sunscreen. But there was nothing I could do about the touring schedule. I was going to be out all day, even in the  afternoon.

    I was prepared to spend most of my afternoons waiting on the the tour bus. I knew that the sun would just be too hot and this was my only solution. But it turned out that I only had to rest a couple of times and my Lupus never acted up. I was amazed at my energy levels and how I could always find a shady spot to be in as we listened to the guide. What a miracle that was.

    On the day we were standing in line at the Church of the Nativity, I looked up and saw this sunbeam shining through the window above. The amazing presence of God was so strong. The light was so beautiful. I could feel Him saying I am the light but my light is safe, my light is life. My light is always there for you.

    This may sound far fetched and a little self absorbed but I know that He showed me that that day to remind me, and to remind you, that He wants us all to feel safe in His light. He wants us all to feel safe in His love. He wants us all to feel His protection.

    Do you see His sunbeam for you today. Just look up!

    Blessings!



     

No comments:

Post a Comment