Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Corner View

 
 
My husband is the pastor, here in Hagerstown, at the First United Methodist church. We live in their parsonage at Main and Pearl.  I am a lover of 1920's architecture. The wide trim boards, the built ins, formal dining room, beautiful stair rails, the list just goes on and on. This house has all of these things and so much more. It is so full of charm and personality, just like the people of Hagerstown. We  have been here 2 and a half years. You know when you are a clergy family in the Methodist church you never know how long you will be somewhere, so this time here has been wonderful! 
 
Small town living was not something Rodney or I had ever experienced but I have to tell you I am loving it. We have a 16 year old son who has Down syndrome, as well as a grown son, in the Navy, and two grandchildren. Everyone who has met our Riley, here, has taken him under their wings. I think he would be safe anywhere in town. Jeremiah 29:11 Says, "I  know the plans I have you." He certainly knew what he was doing when He put us here.
 
I love caring for women and their spiritual well beings. I have been given the opportunity to move on that calling in so many ways. Maybe this blog will be another way to bless women, and also find help for myself, as well. 
 
Let's see what pops up to talk about!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment