Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Choices We Make!

I was so saddened today by an article that I read, about the murder trial of an abortion doctor. I would not have even known about this if I had depended on the main stream media. Precious little has been said when this really should be headline news. I wonder why that is? 

Most of the babies this doctor is on trial for, were aborted after the 24th week of development, the time limit set for abortions by the state where he was practicing. One of the employees told of a baby that was born crying before it's spinal cord was snipped, right at the neck. I'd like to be able to say that this was only murder this doctor performed but apparently there were hundreds.

Every day we make choices. Choices such as, What's for dinner tonight, What shall I wear today? We make other more major choices like, Will I show the love of God today?, 
Will I love my spouse the way Christ loved the church, today? Will I be the parent I need to be today?

One choice that I'd like to think we would not make would be, Should I let the doctor murder my child today? Yes this doctor aborted these babies. Babies that apparently were mature enough to cry. But he could not have done this horrendous deed without the mother giving permission to do so.

To make this more real..... 
I personally know of a baby that was born this week that was only in his 24th week of development. He is holding his own right now and His parents are so hoping and praying for his survival. They would be sickened by this article.  


I know that this a very hot topic throughout America and the rest of the world. As a Methodist pastor's wife I know that the Methodist church is opposed to late term abortions and are against abortions as a form of birth control, or gender selection. I myself am a believer that God can intervene in the life of all babies, planned or unplanned, and as the mother of a child with Down syndrome I can't even imagine a world without him in it.





The one thing I think that is forgotten through all of this is that we have to live with the choices we make and what we think of as a solution to one problem only leads to other problems. Such as sadness and depression. There are many instances in the scriptures where we see that this is true starting with Adam, onto David and clear through the rest of the Old and the New Testament. One choice leads to another. It's a perpetual thing.

The only positive about any of this is that these sweet babies are in the arms of the Heavenly Father now, and are no longer in pain or unwanted. They are being loved more than we can even imagine. 

I restate my question from the first of this blog. Why is the main stream media not reporting about this atrocity? What are they trying to hide? I think that we all should be paying close attention to the outcome of this trial. God will be! 

Proverbs 20:27

The Message (MSG)
27 God is in charge of human life,
    watching and examining us inside and out.


This all could be very telling of the the conscience of our country and maybe even the world. 


I think we should pray for the Doctor, the employees that worked with him and the mothers of these poor babies. God loves them all and wants to give them peace. Also pray for the jury and all that are involved in the the trial of this doctor. There will be consequences no matter what they decide. 

Blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment