Saturday, July 27, 2013

First Fruits

I am so excited! This is my second favorite time in the garden. The first fruits to be harvested. Aren't they beautiful?


I have been watching this pepper for quite a while and had to be held back from picking it. I knew that it needed more nourishment from the plant and its roots. The cucumber, on the other hand I wanted to leave it a little longer but also knew that it would make a better pickle if it was not too big.


The whole process in the planting of the seed, watching the plant grow and bloom and then the harvesting of the crop has amazed me since I was a child. My siblings and I had to help my dad with a half acre garden as we were growing up and I loved how you could almost watch the veggies growing on the vine. Except the potatoes and carrots of course.


Another thing that never ceases to amaze me is how God had this planned even before he created our earth. Not only did He know what he was going to do but He had the power to just speak it and it was so.



Genesis 1:11

Common English Bible (CEB)
11 God said, “Let the earth grow plant life: plants yielding seeds and fruit trees bearing fruit with seeds inside it, each according to its kind throughout the earth.” And that’s what happened.


God had a plan for our whole ecosystem and it has, and will, continued to ebb and flow throughout every season of our lives.  Just think about how God cares for us and wants to make sure we are fed! The next time you go to your garden or even the produce section of the grocery, stop and look around and let the miracle of this seep in!

Blessings!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment