Monday, July 22, 2013

Crazy bugs!

Today Riley and I needed to run an errand that took us into New Castle. It was raining slightly as we drove in and still we had a few bugs hit the windshield. I thought that was a little weird but realizing that the corn is tasseling I figured there are a bunch of bugs eating on that and we were driving between two fields of tall corn stalks. So even in the rain the bugs were out there. 

On the way back home the rain had let up. Which we thought was a good thing until we came up to the corn again. First there were a couple of bugs that hit the windshield and then all of a sudden there were hundreds. It got to where I was getting worried that I wouldn't be able to see out and I was afraid to run the wipers for fear that I would smear the bug innards far worse than they were already. 

I could see a little fear in Riley's eyes and I have to admit that it felt like a horror movie to me as well.  I have never seen anything like that. Yes I have driven through bugs before, but these were some crazy bugs. Abundance can be good, but this was not one of those times!

Made me think of the plague in Egypt when the locusts came and then made me even more grateful that this will never happen again according to the scriptures.....

Exodus 10:14

Common English Bible (CEB)
14 The locusts swarmed over the whole land of Egypt and settled on the whole country. Such a huge swarming of locusts had never happened before and would never happen ever again.


I have to admit I said a little prayer that we would get home safe and when I pulled into the garage, and took a breath, I noticed that the area right where I look out, as I drive, was not nearly as covered as the rest of the windshield. 

God is good all the time, even in the midst of crazy, crazy bugs!

Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment