Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Vacuumed Carpet!


It has been a couple of weeks since I have had the chance to vacuum the carpet, downstairs, in our home. The last few days every time I walked into the house it just felt so dirty and cluttered. This afternoon I finally had a few minutes to straighten up and vacuum. Now the house seems so much cleaner. It is amazing how just a simple act like that can change the feeling of messiness in our home, to freshness.


It seems to me, that this is the same with our hearts. We get so busy, life beats up on us and we get to feeling dirty, cluttered and overwhelmed. We have troubles feeling good about ourselves and doubt our worth here on this earth.

We just need to find a place of refuge, a place of wholeness. This is when this passage in Psalms comes to me....


Psalm 57:1-2

New International Version (NIV)


1 Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me,
for in you I take refuge.
I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings
until the disaster has passed.

2 I cry out to God Most High,
to God, who vindicates me.



I get so mad at myself, sometimes, because I forget to turn to the one who will always be there for me when things are going well but most certainly when times are tough. I need this reminder.....


Ephesians 6:18

The Message (MSG)
13-18 Be prepared. You’re up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it’s all over but the shouting you’ll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You’ll need them throughout your life. God’s Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long.



There really is no reason that any of us have to get to feeling being beat up and filthy before we ask God for help and peace. If we would keep in mind we have the scriptures and the gift of prayer everyday, all day, in every day of our lives, we would never feel unprotected and unsafe.


He wants to be there for all of us, always! Hold tight to the promise of this verse.....



Psalm 144:2

New International Version (NIV)

2 He is my loving God and my fortress,

my stronghold and my deliverer,

my shield, in whom I take refuge,


My hope for all of you is that you feel the cleansing, loving, safe, protecting, power of our God, there is nothing better.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment