Thursday, August 1, 2013

Too Much Fertilizer!

The yard at the parsonage has been the been a bit of a pain since we moved in over 3 years ago. It get's full of crazy weeds that I just can't seem to get rid of in the heat of the summer. This was going to be the summer I just wasn't going to let that happen. I fertilized in late spring and it looked pretty good. Then we had a hot streak so I waited for the next round until there was a bit of a break in the heat. I decided it was time for a weed and feed application this time. So I pulled out the drop spreader. 



There seemed to be something wrong with the  drop adjuster so I tinkered with it and thought I had it fixed but that was not the case. It took two bags to cover the yard when it should have taken, probably only one to one and a half. With this weed and feed fertilizer you need to wait 24 to 48 hours to water it in, so that the de-weed part has a chance to work.  We got lucky and it rained right on the day I needed to water. I thought that everything was going to be great with the yard but the day after it rained I noticed brown lines coming on in the grass and the next day most of the grass looked like it was dying.

Apparently too much fertilizer fell on the yard. We hopefully are not going to have any weeds but now it looks like we may not have any grass either. But there is hope.... 

One good thing about grass is it will come back. It looks like it is dead but it is just, usually, in stress shut down mode. And after it recovers it comes back better then new. 

Sometimes we need a stress shut down mode. We need to take a break to get away from everything. A vacation on the beach or in a cabin in the woods would be just the ticket but that is not always possible. 

When excess stress gets to me, and I can't go on vacation, I head to my favorite chair in the house, shut off the TV and open up the scriptures. I know that that may sound goofy to some but you'd be surprised how much this helps. 

God wants to be our refuge in the stressful times of our lives. He cares so much for us and does not want us to suffer. 

The author of this scripture in the Psalms knew this too....

You are my hiding place and my shield of protection; I hope in Your word. Psalm 119:114 VOICE

My hope for you is that you are not in deep stress right now, but if times are tough you do have a place to escape to. 

If you do not have a Bible to open a great websight for you would be...

http://www.biblegateway.com

Let God wrap you in His comforting words of love and grace so that you can come back refreshed and good as new!

Hopefully like my grass will!!!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment