Wednesday, August 14, 2013

What Are You Looking For?



This morning I feel like I got up on the wrong side of the bed. I seem a little cranky. Not sure why. I can't blame it on sleep because I went to bed an hour earlier last night. My Lupus doesn't seem to be acting up today and everything with the family is good. So I really don't have any excuse for this mood. It is just here.

This isn't the first time I have been cranky,and it won't be the last. I am human after all. But the sad thing about this mood, is when I am in it I look for the bad in everything, especially people. 

There is a song from Amy Grant that comes to mind as I am writing this. The title is "Find What You're Looking For".  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9NJ0BVwcnc . It is a great song. I hope you click on this link and listen. 

Anyway in this song it talks about looking for the good and the bad in everyone. We all have our short comings, that is true. But as children of God, even on the bad days, I think He would want us to look for the good. There is good in all of us, even if we choose not to see it.

Anger and crankiness are like a disease.  The longer you stay there the deeper it grows in your heart and in your spirit. It takes a hold of you and doesn't want to let go. There are some who seem so angry all the time. Like they can never be happy. Nothing is ever the way they would like it to be. I know that depression is tough and sometimes we need a doctor to help get us out of this state. God understands. 

But for me, who is just cranky, Today is a frustrating day and I am ready to be back to my old self.  Proverbs tells it like it is..... 


Proverbs 15:15
The Message (MSG)


15 A miserable heart means a miserable life;
a cheerful heart fills the day with song.



We, as Christians have so much to be thankful for and happy about. Our eternity is secure! We have a relationship with the Most High and wow, look at this beautiful world God has given us to live in. Really, life is great!!

Man, just thinking about all of this has lifted my spirits and made me smile. How about you?

What are you looking for today?

Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment