Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Innocence in the Midst of Trouble

View image on Twitter


We are so saddened today as the carnage and devastation in Oklahoma is laid bare on the news programs. It is all I can do, and I'm sure the same is true for you, to pull ourselves away from the television. You see parents searching, rescue workers searching and even animals searching, for their homes and families. It is hard to imagine how and why such a thing could happen.

I grew up in Kansas and over those years we saw so many scary storms. We hid under our house, I can't tell you how many times. We had some very tense moments, but nothing like what these families have gone through, and are still going through. 

I was looking through some of the pictures that have been posted, since the storm, and this picture caught my eye. This was taken by someone from the Oklahoma Sheriff's department, posted on Twitter. It it hit my heart so hard.  Here is a sweet little toy laying in the midst of the mess all around. Made me think of the children that still may be trapped in the elementary school in Moore. The innocence of them in the midst of the horribleness all around, It also made me think of the parents who are waiting for answers. 

There have been miracles. There have been over 100 people pulled from the rubble so far.There have been some very sad stories of loss too. Our hearts break for these families. 

So many are praying for help.....

1 Kings 8:28

New International Version (NIV)
28 Yet give attention to your servant’s prayer and his plea for mercy, Lord my God. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence this day.



All hope is not lost.  Even though, there are those who will have trouble believing, but God is there. His heart is breaking for the families too. He wants to bring relief for all who are involved. He wants to bring back hope. He wants all to know that we can lean on Him.



Psalm 32:7

New International Version (NIV)

7 You are my hiding place;
you will protect me from trouble
and surround me with songs of deliverance.


Let's all pray, today, for more miracles to come to the families of Oklahoma!!!

Blessings!







No comments:

Post a Comment