Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Sitting on the Porch!!



Today was a beautiful day. Not too hot and not too cold. You can really tell that we are moving into autumn. The leaves are starting to turn and there is a crispness in the air.  



I absolutely love this time of year. Sweaters are my favorite items of clothing and being able to sit out on the porch and enjoy the perfect temperature is almost heaven.
  
So today I took advantage of this perfectness and sat on the side porch to wait for Riley's bus to bring him home from school. It has been a very busy week for our family and being able to just sit, even for a little while, was such a treat.

As I sat there everybody that drove by waved and smiled. I think that they were loving the weather as much as me.

I see the changing seasons as a gift from God. Now there are some who would rather have warmth all year, but for me, the cycles of the seasons are wonderful. This beautiful season brings us walks in the leaves, festivals, apples, pumpkins, turkey and of course the harvest, which is a huge gift from God. 

I love how the scriptures remind us of this......
 

Deuteronomy 11:14

New International Version (NIV)
14 then I will send rain on your land in its season, both autumn and spring rains, so that you may gather in your grain, new wine and olive oil.


Acts 14:17
New International Version (NIV)
17 Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy.”


We have a friend who always repeats this wonderful saying...."God is good, all the time, All the time, God is good"!

I think that this beautiful fall weather sure brings this statement home.

Hope you get to get out and enjoy all the wonder this season can bring.

Blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment