Sunday, June 16, 2013

Dads Day!

Today is Father's Day here in America. I think that there are a lot of companies in the states that just eat this holiday up. Just like they do with Mother's Day and Valentine's Day. You know, the card companies, the department stores, the candy stores and even the flower shops. I guess there is nothing wrong with this. Hey, everybody needs to make a buck to survive.

Anyway though, we had a great day. First Riley woke Rodney up with a hug, card and a gift. Rodney was so gracious and loving even though I know he hates to wake up before the alarm goes off. Next we had a wonderful day with our church family and gave all our Dad's a small gift to hopefully let them know we appreciate all they do.

After church we went to lunch with Rodney's father and mother. We really enjoy getting to spend time with them whenever we can. This was a great excuse to get to do just that. In the afternoon our oldest son called. He is the wonderful father of two.

My parents live in Kansas so getting to see my Dad today was out of the question but we did have a wonderful talk on the phone. I miss him tons but getting to Kansas on a regular basis is not something I get to do very much. 

He taught me so much as I was growing up. Our life was very tough, sometimes, during those years but my Father never showed the pressure. He taught me fortitude and how to make a little go a long way. I never heard a foul word come out of his mouth no matter what the situation. Most of all he loved, and still loves, the Lord with his whole being. We were at church whenever the doors were open as I was growing up and he was always reading his Bible alone and with his family. He truly understood these words from Deuteronomy......


Deuteronomy 6

New International Version (NIV)
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.


I was so blessed to be raised by this good man who showed me the way to the Lord, so that I had the opportunity to choose to follow Him myself. Such a wonderful example of what a Godly man should be!! 

Now I am so blessed to be married to a man who shows his family, and so many others, the same wonderful example.

My hope for you ladies is that have had the same kind of wonderful day with the awesome men in your lives!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment