Monday, June 24, 2013

Anxiousness!

The Frieden side of the family is having a small family reunion in Michigan this week. We are heading out there tomorrow. Riley, our son, is so excited. He keeps asking me if it is time to go yet? Over and over and over again. He sure loves his cousins and can't wait to get to be with them. 

I bet God wishes we were all like. Just can't wait to spend time with Him on a daily basis. The writer in Psalm 130 is very eager for the Lord........

Psalm 130:5

New International Version (NIV)
I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits,
    and in his word I put my hope.

Once in a while, in my life, things get a little stressful, how about you? There are times when we wait more anxiously for the Lord to bring about answers to things like, family problems, maybe better health or maybe a better job. Sometimes we wonder out loud, "Why do things have to be so hard"? Why does the car break down when money is tight? Why do friends and family let us down? Why is our world such a scary place to be?


I can see God just sitting on the edge of His seat. Just waiting for us to call out Him. I'm sure He wishes that we would not wait so long and get so deep into our problems before we, in desperation, turn to Him for help. 

If we would only call on Him daily, we would not feel so alone in this world. He promises to go with us, be with us and most of all He will give us comfort and strength as we travel through this unrelenting, unsympathetic place we live, called earth. 


Read His promise to His people.......


Exodus 33:14

Contemporary English Version (CEV)
14 The Lord said, “I will go with you and give you peace.”


He probably wants to reach down and get in our face and say, "What are you waiting on? Please call my name!! 

Can't you just feel His anxiousness as He waits? 

To be loved so much sure makes us a blessed people. I don't know about you but I feel like Riley. I just can't wait to call out and spend time with Him!!

Blessings!

PS: Not sure about the reception where we are going so it may be a week or so before we are together again. Be safe!!




No comments:

Post a Comment