Monday, March 4, 2013

Good at It

GOOD AT IT
I was told last night that I was a good helper to my husband, Rodney. I love him and he is family so it is easy for me to help him. 
This got me to thinking about others, around me, that are not my family. Am I a good loving helper to them? I certainly do have great examples of others, to learn from, on how to be.
Every time there is something going on at the church so many people just jump right in and help get it done.
Whenever, over the years, we've needed someone to help us with Riley we have had no trouble finding loving people to do just that.
While at the fair this last summer I captured this picture of a sweet friend of ours helping a smaller, younger girl with her cow in the judging corral. She didn't get any credit for this. She just did it because her friend needed help.

 Last May over 200 hundred people, in and around Hagerstown, IN  stepped out of their normal schedules and put together some 48,000 meals for "Kids Against Hunger". Imagine all the starving children that have eaten better because of their generosity.
We have a neighbor that comes over and takes care of our yard, just out of the goodness of his heart. The snow on our sidewalks and drive magically disappears after every snow storm because of the kindness of another of our neighbors.
The list of examples of people in our lives, who just love, goes on and on and on. I could be writing all night. 


I Thessalonians 4:9 keeps coming to mind....
Regarding life together and getting along with each other, you don’t need me to tell you what to do. You’re God-taught in these matters. Just love one another! You’re already good at it.

All of these people do all of these things, not because they have to, but because they want to. They are already good at it!
Let's hope we all can have someone say that about us too! 
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment