Saturday, March 9, 2013

Clean and Shiny

Clean Slate...

This morning I did a job that our son, Riley, usually does. I unloaded the dishwasher. As a matter of fact I could hardly wait to get up and do this. I can hear you now, "Has she gone crazy"? No, well not any more than normal.

You see we had a new dishwasher installed yesterday. Our old one just wasn't doing the job any more. Even the dishes that it would get clean had a weird film on them and I was hand washing more and more. You could put dishes into the thing that just needed rinsed and even they would come out dirty.

This morning, everything was clean. Spotlessly clean! It is funny to be so happy about a chore but I gladly put away the dishes for Riley, just for the joy of watching clean ones go into the cabinet and not back into the dishwasher.




In my reading this morning I read this verse....

Fortunate those whose crimes are carted off, whose sins are wiped clean from the slate. Fortunate the person against whom the Lord does not keep score. Romans 4:9 (MSG)

We as Christians are fortunate indeed! Our God does not see us as filmy and dirty, but as spotlessly clean. He can't wait for us to get up and spend time with Him. He loves that! As a matter of fact we were created just for that purpose, but sin came and got in the way. 

Just like the dirty dishes had to be kept in the dishwasher we as sinners are kept from God. Thank goodness Christ came to make us clean! As we accept him we are made, not hazy, not spotty, but totally clean and shiny to our God. He doesn't even remember when we were dirty. He, like me with the clean dishes, is so excited to see the clean and shiny you each and every morning!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment