Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Let's Do This!

We had been talking about moving Riley's room around for several days. For many reasons, but one major reason was that we couldn't clean behind his bed, (and believe me this was something that really needed to be done). Things had to be moved around to get his bed away from the wall. It has a built in book shelf as a head board. This makes it very hard to move so we just hadn't gotten the energy to do this yet. That is until yesterday.

While I was down in the kitchen I could hear that Riley was getting up, by the fact he we making noises in his room, and the next thing I know he is down stairs in the refrigerator getting Rodney a Starbucks Vanilla Coffee. I ask him what was going on. He said that Dad needed to get up so he needed his favorite drink. Looking back on it, I think it was bribery. A few minutes later here comes Rodney down the stairs, still very much in sleep mode. He ask me if I knew what was going on. "No, what?" I ask. "I guess we are moving Riley's room around today" he said. "All of the stuff that Riley can move is in the hallway". I just started laughing.

Apparently Riley was tired of waiting on us. So he started the ball rolling on his own, but he could only get so far. We had to help move the heavy stuff and we also had to get everything else moved back in so that we could get into our bedrooms, to sleep, last night.


Aren't we like that with God? We want something to happen and we want it now. God may have a different timing than us on this so we start the ball rolling without Him. We make a cluttered mess, with everything we can do. He then has to come in and move the heavy stuff and put everything back.


I wonder what God thinks of us on this? I laughed at the way Riley got us to do what he couldn't. Do you think God laughs at us? One thing is for sure. Riley needed us and knew he needed us, well at least he knew he needed Dad. He was the one with most of the muscle. We need God for the very same thing. He has all the muscle in the world. We should always depend on Him. We should always know we can count on Him. The people in the Psalms knew this.....


Psalm 33:20
Contemporary English Version (CEV)


20 We depend on you, Lord,
to help and protect us.



Psalm 124:8
Contemporary English Version (CEV)

8 The Lord made heaven and earth,
and he is the one
who sends us help.



We as humans are human. We do make messes. God is always there waiting to put things right even without a Starbucks coffee!

Blessings!


PS: This morning Riley came down to get another drink for Rodney. I wonder what he wants him to do now?

No comments:

Post a Comment